• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 turbo exhaust questions .

CPAPPY

Need help with adding 3" turbo exhaust to to my M1028 . Does anyone have picture of how they ran there pipe . I am guessing it will need to go thru the wheelwell. Any pictures will help.

:lost:

cucv1833

I dont have any good pics. But mine was a hack job. Had to remove the rear battery tray then cut out a small portion of the inner fenderwell i used flex pipe for a crossover then ran it all to a 5" smoke stack behind the cab. Good luck hopefully some one will chime in for a better cleaner way to do it.

that1028guy

All kidding aside, I have a friend that has a turbo SBC in his 84 impalla, he removed the heater box and ran his pipe out that way. One other thing to consider is where and what direction you mount the turbo. If mounted "backwards" of the norm, you could run the pipe down and forward and back under the motor, to the driver side, tie in to the other manifold and out the factory way. One other thing to think about is oval pipe, at least for a couple sections where things get tight. I will hunt up some pics of my freinds impalla...

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How you route it depends on what turbo you are using. If you are using a Banks then you can run between the engine and frame. Mine runs between the transfercase and the bottom of the cab. Rember to wrap the pipe with header wrap. This keeps wires and fuel line from being melted. And keeps the passengers feet cool.

Firejareen

I have a 6.5 turbo on mine. You will need to move the #2 battery, I have both of mine on the front platform. The collection pipe from the driver side exhaust connects to the passenger with a cross over pipe run under the transmission and up. The down and out pipe from the turbo runs just aft of that, in between the frame rail and the transmission and transfer case. From the turbo it is like a 2.5-3" round to my 4" exhaust pipe out on passenger side aft of rear tire. As far as pics, go my computer is jacked and wont accept the ad pics button. Hope this helps.
Also I have a NV4500 not the standard Turbo 400.

southdave

Need help with adding 3" turbo exhaust to to my M1028 . Does anyone have picture of how they ran there pipe . I am guessing it will need to go thru the wheelwell. Any pictures will help.

:lost:
Cappy, I used the flex tube and 45 off a duece and half, it was the same size ect.. it layout was easy . FYI there was company in ky was selling complet diamond exhaust system TUrbo back for 6.5 for 400

CPAPPY

I already have the crossover. Just needing help from the turbo out, I have the th400 transmission . It seems most run flex pipe . Any picture of where they cut the wheel well. Also was mention about rapping exhaust pipe should I rop the exhaust manifolds with this tape .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks