• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 turbo oil pressure

Dave87

Ok I did a quick search and didn't find anything that jumped out and answered my question so here goes.
I have a 6.2 with a 6.5 turbo swap. What oil pressure should I see? I'm running at idle 15-20 psi and at speed around 40 maybe more.... paying more attention to the road and not the gauges. I ask because I don't want a premature failure. The reading is right where the Turbo feed line is so I think I'm safe. I haven't had a problem yet but that doesn't mean there isn't one coming.

jdeoliveira74

thats about where mine is too when its warm cold its higher! I think I want to change my oil pump to a high pressure pump 30-40psi seems way low. I am also going to get a different gauge to check and see if mine is bad!

kenz5380

I'm not a pro, but I have always lived by the rule that anything above 20 is good at idle, and anything around 40-60 is good at speed. I've never had a failure.

kapnklug

Mine was running about 40psi down the road when hot. Where did you tap in for the turbo oil supply, at the plug on the side by the cooler lines or on the top in back of the driver's cyl. head? I've heard some people have oil-starvation problems when tapped into the cooler-line location, but it's probably also dependent on the oil supply line diameter.

transman

Smokey Yunick (chevy racing legend) always claimed that any thing over 10psi per thousand RPMs was just using extra horsepower to turn the pump.

Dave87

I taped into the driver side head where the dummy light is and my gauge is plumbed there as well. The hose going to the Turbo isn't very big and the fitting one the Turbo is smaller yet. I guess time will tell. Thanks for the input. I had a 350sb with 200k on it and near the end it needed 15-40 to get 7 Psi at idle but it never blew so.

I had to replace my 6.2 recently, had a high volume high pressure pump i order off fleabay a few years ago and never got to put it on till now. WOW. started up cold she climbed to 80psi. Now warmed up it sets at 20-30 idle and 60-80 at speed. I too have the turbo feed coming off the back of the head along with the oil pressure gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks