• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 Turbo Question

CPAPPY

Just wondering is this correct . Today I was cleaning the intake plentium and notice the part that mount to the the plentium is sloted around the out side contour, I would have thought it would be opened more .

Attachments

original

I thought the same thing when I saw it the first time. The only mod that I would suggest is to file or grind the holes at an angle in the direction of airflow. Removing the edges allows air to flow in smoothly with less restriction. You won't notice any gain from this mod alone. However, its all the small things that add up. Going through the intake and removing any resistance to air flow and adding a free flow exhaust is the best mod for the money.

Dave87

Cpappy what year did your intake parts come from? If its newer maybe it helps with flow..... doesn't look like it but someone somewhere thought that was a good idea.

southdave

Cpappy, here iswhat I found out so far (unexpected)
1. I used the plug above my oil line supply & return. Mine was 5/16 square. spent 2hrs getting it out., 1.5 hr.in the flea market looking for 5/16 stock

2.bolts are a PIA to fine let alone studs, if you want to use somthing close to stock studs are 7-14.5 apiece

3. my supply line to the turbo I ran though the valley and under the intake.

Dave87

I went from the sending unit at the back put in a T and ran it under the intake as well for the oil supply. Used a breaded stainless line, was going to run a hard line under the intake but after looking at the injector line mess said forget it no one will see it. Still it looks semi stock.

ODdave

Just wondering is this correct . Today I was cleaning the intake plentium and notice the part that mount to the the plentium is sloted around the out side contour, I would have thought it would be opened more .
Flip it over and you will see a boss for the egr mount, cut the whole tjing out so it looks like the older version.

CPAPPY

cpappy are you putting a turbo on or did you already put one on? im in the middle of one right now...... its a lot harder then anticipated.
I am in the middle of putting on in . Just started putting motor back together and found out that both heads are cracked . What is so hard about the install of turbo?

Dave87

all the stuff i missed or was left out...... like 6.5 heads seem like the way to go because the difference in the injector angel is 11 deg but is enough to cause a problem..... at least i think so. i had 1/4 inch spacer made to clear the injector lines. I too am in the middle of a turbo add on as well. Im having fun doing it but i wish i had a manual. Its almost done i hope to have it running this weekend if all goes well.

CPAPPY

Good luck, I need to pull a set of head off another motor and check for cracks . No rush though . I have a couple of months before I need the motor . Aim looking into a 5.9 cummins now . Further down the road.....