• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 with turbo build in progress

bubba_got_you

Ok lots don’t and lots of pix to post but I will get to that this weekend. What I need now is a wiring diagram or someone who can tell me what wires need to be run where. Really all that confuses me is where the clusters on the ip go and what hooks to the tabs on the ip? I know one of them is power but witch one? As for the glow plugs I am going to run those manually with a switch in the cab as im in Florida so I don’t see me using them much. And as for the starter …well that’s self explanatory just like the alternator. So really all I need to know is what to do with the ip.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks in advance. [/FONT]

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]Ok here is the aluminum spacer I made for the exhaust. And here is the turbo and manifolds installed. I finished all the wiring and installed the egt probe today and will get pix of it in the morning. [/FONT]

Attachments

67_C-30

thanks. now i need to make the upper intake
Try to keep it a fairly small, low profile pressure chamber. I put the one off of my '67 C-30 on the 6.2 with the Banks Sidewinder, and it was much more responsive, and has a lot less turbo laag. The Banks unit is actually too big, and I am going to fab a smaller one to replace it. Here is the one I fabbed vs the Banks.

Attachments

Tanner

[FONT=&quot]Ok here is the aluminum spacer I made for the exhaust. And here is the turbo and manifolds installed. I finished all the wiring and installed the egt probe today and will get pix of it in the morning. [/FONT]
What is the reason for using an exhaust spacer? Injector clearance?

Dave87

How thick is the spacer and do you have one on the driver side?

I just got a complete 6.5td 93 and I plan on putting the Turbo and IP on my cucv. Is there anything
else that would be worthwhile (heads,ext.)? Does the intake off a 6.5 fit on a 6.2?

Amazing build I hope mine turns out half is good. Thanks for sharing this it truly is inspiring.

Dave87

How thick is the spacer and do you have one on the driver side?

I just got a complete 6.5td 93 and I plan on putting the Turbo and IP on my cucv. Is there anything
else that would be worthwhile (heads,ext.)? Does the intake off a 6.5 fit on a 6.2?

Amazing build I hope mine turns out half is good. Thanks for sharing this it truly is inspiring.