• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2 with turbo build in progress

wayne pick

I use a 10" cooler mounted in front of the rad but in the next few months I will be moving it and mounting a fan on it.
The fan driven cooler really brings temps down nicely, BTW, great turbo build thread and great photos. You should market the full crank brace you fabbed or build them on a per order basis, I'd buy one! I have a rebuilt 1982 red block I might turbo when a boatload of money falls out of the sky.

bubba_got_you

I'd be willing to make them for people but because I have to mill it all by hand they wouldent exactly be cheap. I have done a few turbo jobs sence this one and it can be done on the cheap with just the turbo and the passenger side manafold but you would have to fab up a upper intake like I did and a crossover pipe.

bubba_got_you

I was not shore if I would like the 700 but I has the tz cable bust on me and it still got me home over 200 miles. When it did that for me I respected it allot more. And with all the towing I've done now I love the things.

bubba_got_you

I love the 6.2 for a all around reliable "get you there" motor. I even rebuild my own injectors, it is just that simple to work on. And it will run on 100% oil if you want it to(iv done it).

wayne pick

I'd be willing to make them for people but because I have to mill it all by hand they wouldent exactly be cheap. I have done a few turbo jobs sence this one and it can be done on the cheap with just the turbo and the passenger side manafold but you would have to fab up a upper intake like I did and a crossover pipe.
Exelent fab work, It looks like you milled it on a Bridgeport.

wayne pick

I love the 6.2 for a all around reliable "get you there" motor. I even rebuild my own injectors, it is just that simple to work on. And it will run on 100% oil if you want it to(iv done it).
Yea, great fuel milage too. The Duramax and Cummins guys may leave me at the light, but when my Banks turbo finally spins up, I can reel them in and stay with them, No problem. As far as the 700 goes, I had mine rebuilt with all the HD parts you can get. Once I get it out of 1st, it will throw your head back through the gears and up to OD. I keep my converter locked up all the time, not just in OD. It helps with the fuel milage.

Gunfreak25

I am curious if your blow by increased or decreased with use? I've personally never felt it was a big deal and just assume throw a deuce style slobber tube on mine if it has excessive blow by.

bubba_got_you

I don't have any real blow by problems but I just run blow by thru a cdr and into the turbo intake.
After I finish this bob job I'm doing for a guy here in fl I will do some vids of the 6.2 and I'll be doing a camping trip on the 17th so I'll do some vid going down the road then also.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks