• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L Buildup Turning an old 20-Something GM Diesel Into a Modern Power Puller

Jersey 93 Ty

The engine used in the article is from an '82 C1500, and the second page describes the engine as "a 24-year-old turbodiesel ". My math puts that as an article from sometime in 2006.

allrevup

I think about an engine power build, but the more I learn the least incline I am. My take is; the most usefull and reliable power I know of at the rear weels from a 6.2 - 6.5 is about 260hp. (somewere in youtube they show a late 6.5 turbo+propane in the dino) at the wheels. Not bad but not sufficient to justify trouble and cost I would rather go with the cheap Big block gas, or if Diesel, a 12 V. Cummings and then "HOW MUCH HORSE POWER CAN YOU AFFORD?" would be the issue. Long run it would be cheper, more reliable and have more HP potencial. A used 4bt is another idea but I think that one besides havving the advantage of beign ligther would probably cost more becouse of limited avalibility. JUST ME BRAINSTORMING...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks