• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2L diesel engine fuel help

MuleMac01

Military vehicle collector
Steel Soldiers Supporter
hi guys i need to find out where to get a restriction switch for the fuel filter asemblely
on my 1986 military blazer it's a round looking thing with 2 wires out of it

Last edited:

lavarok

You can replace the whole filter base and be done with it. The replacement bases do not come with the pressure switch as it is not needed. The pressure switch only provides functionality if your using the STE-ICE test kit for checking out your CUCV.

Some guys have also had good luck just blocking off the port with freeze plugs or a bolt in the hole. Do a search on "filter base leak".

CUCV85

restriction switch?

here are some pics of it
I believe that to be a fuel pressure SENSOR
a very unnecessary sensor.
The military had this for diagnostic purpose.
If you buy a brand new civilian type they do not have this pressure sensor.
This sensor was prone to leaking fuel & those causing the system to loose prime!

Many have removed it and blocked the port with a bolt or screw...:grd:
lavarok you beat me to it, I was typing...

Last edited:

lavarok

I'm sure if you look hard enough you can find one. Aboonski may have one. I recall he was going to install one into a new replacement filter base not realizing it wasn't needed. Send him a PM. I'm sure he'd sell it if he has it still. He wont need it with the new filter base on his truck.

dependable

Oem surplus still has filter base with sensors for $60, including filter, this is the correct cucv improved filter base. I have temporarily fixed them by gooing up the old sensor with hard setting fuel resistant gasket sealant, but I got new filter bases for all my cucvs that still had leak prone ,front facing sensor.

BIG_RED

I have a whole Stanadyne model 80 off my truck for parts. I have that sensor too. You probably wouldn't want it on your truck, cause i had the same problem and screwed a big bolt in that little hole, but you can have parts off it if you like. Emailing me would be best - jmargraf@hotmail.com. I replaced mine with a Stanadyne FM100. Wayy better. I'd get one for yours before fixing your old filter. The whole thing cost me like $100. I'm in Canada so i paid more for shipping and duty and all. Check out Midwest Fuel Injection. They're helpful.