• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l fuel injectors

DIESELGREEN

Injectors for the 6.2... I have done research here but haven't come up with a complete solution yet. I will be replacing the injectors on my 1008, but am unsure which ones to get. It is my understanding that there are several different nozzle patterns, and I am pretty sure they're the fine thread. Any help with solving the correct part mystery would be helpful... Thanks in advance, guys.

Jersey4x4

when you figure it out let me know. I have been looking for a few years to get injectors and have no solid answers yet. I have been told marine injectors from a 6.5, I have been told 6.5 injectors for a 1 ton van, I have been told to stay with oe stock units and so far they all have pros and cons that make sense but have not found the happy medium. I have a set from a HMMWV and may just get them rebuilt and go with the and change the glow plugs at the same time incase they break off I can get to them with the injectors out. Good Luck

Jersey4x4

I was told the turbo injectors would allow too much fuel and will lower the fuel economy and cause even more smoke(if that is possible) How was the performance of it after the swap? That was one of my options was the 6.5 turbo marine injectors with the 4 spray holes

I put in Bosch 6.5 turbo injectors in mine. $360 for all injectors and install kit.

dstang97

Any good numbers for the stockers???? Dstang, is your truck still naturally aspirated?
No it has a banks kit on it. You can run anything you want, 6.5, 6.2 turbo / na. Your pump will decided how much fuel will go to the injectors. (turn it down or leave it how it is.)

Chief_919

I was told the turbo injectors would allow too much fuel and will lower the fuel economy and cause even more smoke(if that is possible) How was the performance of it after the swap? That was one of my options was the 6.5 turbo marine injectors with the 4 spray holes
The injectors can't flow more fuel. The amount of fuel in each pulse is controlled by the injection pump, and the injectors will flow as much as the injection pump sends it- no more, no less.

Where they differ is that the nozzles and pop pressure will be engineered to match the flow rate of the pump they were made to be matched with. A 6.5 injector is engineered to be optimal with the flow rate a 6.5 pump provides.

So if you put injectors engineered for the high fuel rate of a marine 6.5 turbo engine on a NA 6.2 with a stock IP, you will be pushing the same amount of fuel through a larger orifice. You are likely to get less than optimal fuel atomization like that, and worse performance. Worse fuel atomization means a less complete burn, and more smoke with less power and economy.

All those "40hp Marine Injectors" are nothing but snake oil.

Last edited:

DIESELGREEN

I am only interested in stock replacements. I am trying to verify that the. 058 ones are correct for the stock 6.2 application, as I have yet to get a solid answer.

hoplite666

My truck is an 84. The reading I've done says it should use fine threads but these sure look coarse to me. Anyone have a set laying around to compare?

IMG_20141211_220230 (1).jpg

hoplite666

May have answered my own question. Found this pic on ebay. I guess they are the fine threads......

Fine Coarse Mine
316223746_o.jpg316223397_o.jpgIMG_20141211_225355.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks