• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l fuel problem

jmmay82

Hi everyone I have a 86 m1009 with 6.2 litre I am a little confused there is fuel at the filter flowing to the injector pump, teh bypass check valve(the glass ball) is working fine and the fuel shut off valve is working fine I took it apart and physically checked. So all this leads me to think the injector pump is bad? But I don't know for sure is there a way to test the injector pump or does anyone think it could be something else, and does anyone know where i can find a reasonably priced injector pump?

Thanks

jmmay82

the symptoms are it won't start the is no fuel getting to the injectors but there is fuel pumping through the lift pump and the fuel filter. The fuel shut off is working properly, and the check valve is working properly

dependable

You may need an injector pump. but make sure you do not have air in fuel first. Even if you get fuel, if it has air, the engine won't start. A slight crack in a fuel line could cause a leak. But the cucv s are famous for the air leak in the sensors in the fuel filter mount base. If you have an old type base, this is likely to be the problem. There are lots of old posts on this problem. Welcome to the site.

dependable

If it is the fuel filter base, if you have a good starter and battery, and if it is cold , use your block heater. It should eventually start to fire. Is it possible you have bad glow plugs or glow plug controller? This will cause non start and is common. Check for previous threads on this one as well. good luck.

scottc

If leaking, it would make it a pain in the a$$ to start. If you end up needing a pump. Check into getting yours rebuilt. I had it done and it was a fraction of the cost for a replacement.

jmmay82

no the injector pump is not leaking that is the kicker i just can not get fuel through it? I am really scratching my head on this one

maritimer

injectors maybe airlocked? try cracking them a bit then cranking till theres fuel leaking out then tighten the up and try again, otherwise i have to say get your ip rebuilt

jmmay82

does anyone know exactly how the fuel pump shut off is supposed to be attached in side the govner housing I think mine might be missing pieces