• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l oil cooler lines

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Search for oil cooler line part number.
Its been covered and posted many times.

It was just discussed a few days ago.

cucvrus

ACDELCO Part # 12472199
ACDELCO Part # 12472200

I just bought a pair from the GM dealer. They were made in China. (Mainland). They fit OK but not the best. You will play heck getting them in the clamp at the rear while the engine is still in the vehicle. My engine was on the floor and I loosened the manifold bracket to get the hoses lined up and used a bit of tweaking and force to get the bracket back in place. NOT like the OEM GM replacements. But they will work. Good Luck. I have pictures I posted 2 weeks ago in my Easter Find M1008 thread. I know people like pictures. that's all I ever hear anymore.

Ordak

One thing I learned when changing mine was take time to lubricated and loosen the two connectors on the radiator side. They will break loose given enough lubricant and wrenching them carefully. Another thing you may want to do is order the brass connectors that go into the engine block (above the oil filter). Mine leaked when I put the new lines on. I wondered if I forgot or pinched a gasket but it was leaking slightly from the brass fittings. The symptom I had was oil leaking around the oil filter, I thought it was the oil filter not sealing but it was the connectors not sealing up.

Skinny

I just put a set of AC Delco's on my 6.2 Suburban...not impressed with the fitment. I may end up doing this anyway but if I'd have to do it again, convert to AN and make your own lines.

Skinny

Convert whatever the oil cooler line fittings are which I think are O-ring on the radiator and flare on the engine but that's off memory. You buy adapters to go from those to whatever size line is required and make the lines yourself.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Convert whatever the oil cooler line fittings are which I think are O-ring on the radiator and flare on the engine but that's off memory. You buy adapters to go from those to whatever size line is required and make the lines yourself.
So basically like a quick connect? My issue is the fittings are leaking. So maybe an o ring is out?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

MarcusOReallyus

So basically like a quick connect?
No, AN fittings are a type of threaded fittings. The AN stands for Army Navy, I've read, and was originally used for military aircraft. They are not compatible with other kinds of threaded fittings, but there are adapters available.

Their chief benefit seems to be that they look good.

someoldmoose

No, AN fittings are a type of threaded fittings. The AN stands for Army Navy, I've read, and was originally used for military aircraft. They are not compatible with other kinds of threaded fittings, but there are adapters available.

Their chief benefit seems to be that they look good.
The CHIEF benefit is that they are easily seviceable. But, F yeah, they look too cool for school. hose end.jpgSummit Racing is where I buy ALL of mine. The "adapter" goes on the rad. or whatever, then the line goes on the adapter. Orrrr, yuh can just "rethread" some holes and install the A/N fitting right to the part (my intake heater hoses). Either way, they have it ALL. yoo can even call their Support line and they'll walk ya through it. GO SUMMIT ! ! ! !

Last edited:

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

The CHIEF benefit is that they are easily seviceable. But, F yeah, they look too cool for school. View attachment 686050Summit Racing is where I buy ALL of mine. The "adapter" goes on the rad. or whatever, then the line goes on the adapter. Orrrr, yuh can just "rethread" some holes and install the A/N fitting right to the part (my intake heater hoses). Either way, they have it ALL. yoo can even call their Support line and they'll walk ya through it. GO SUMMIT ! ! ! !
Aye I appreciate the info. Need to get the War Wagon up and running again leak free. Thank you partna!

someoldmoose

You are welcome, stranger. Anything (almost) for a "brother / sister". [thumbzup] Fair warning . . . sticker shock can occur with the use of A/N fittings and lines / hoses but they are without a doubt, the best game in any town. And obvi , there are other suppliers. That's just who I use and they have taken VERY god care of me for many years.

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

You are welcome, stranger. Anything (almost) for a "brother / sister". [thumbzup] Fair warning . . . sticker shock can occur with the use of A/N fittings and lines / hoses but they are without a doubt, the best game in any town. And obvi , there are other suppliers. That's just who I use and they have taken VERY god care of me for many years.
What size would be necessary?

someoldmoose

Off the toppa my head ? No clue. That's why I said tuh call em. Tell em wutcher after and they will hook ya up. Replacing "stock" stuff is easy. Full custom line making requires familiarity. It's kinda like metric. They use "dash" sizes. As in - 4 for little to - 10 for big. Makes sense once ya play with it. I can pull my A/N motor in about 2/3 the time of a "rubber" hoser.

OH, never called about a CUCV. Just tell em it's a 6.2 Blazer IF the CUCV confuses them, but it would NOT surprise me if it did NOT confuse them.

Last edited:

BennieAndTheBl4Z3R

Off the toppa my head ? No clue. That's why I said tuh call em. Tell em wutcher after and they will hook ya up. Replacing "stock" stuff is easy. Full custom line making requires familiarity. It's kinda like metric. They use "dash" sizes. As in - 4 for little to - 10 for big. Makes sense once ya play with it. I can pull my A/N motor in about 2/3 the time of a "rubber" hoser.

OH, never called about a CUCV. Just tell em it's a 6.2 Blazer IF the CUCV confuses them, but it would NOT surprise me if it did NOT confuse them.
It's not technically a CUCV. It was a navy base cruiser. Haha but still set up for 24v. But I appreciate it brotha

MarcusOReallyus

The CHIEF benefit is that they are easily seviceable.
I'm still trying to figure out how they are better than standard NPT fittings. For the price difference, I would expect a functional benefit that is pretty obvious. I haven't seen it yet. /shrug/

Have to agree about Summit. Good folks. :beer:

someoldmoose

Didn't say BETTER or worse. Said serviceable. I use them on stuff that gets taken apart and put back together a lot. I have them on a hot rod because the new black anodizing looks Awesome against the chrome. For oil cooler hoses on a CUCV, If ya look back, I already said, cut of the crimps, cut off the rubber hose, install NEW rubber hose with screw clamps and reinstall. The factory ends can take being undone and redone enough to last a CUCVs life. In a race or show engine, ?, Horse of a different color.

Ergo, my warning about sticker shock. Make yer choice and pay yer money. Either way, getting her fixed is wuts important.

Last edited:

Tinstar

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AN fittings are the way to go IMO.
I use Aeroquip fittings and hoses since I can get them cheap. Benefits of being in aviation.

More expensive of course, but will last the life of the truck.
My M1008A1 came with new hoses already installed, but when they need replaced, it's AN fittings for sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks