• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l overhaul

johnsr

i am wanting to get a spare 6.2 to overhaul as a back up motorand or a project truck. are ther any updates that need to be done as i wanting to turbo the truck. also who is a good parts suplyer for the mill 6.2.

48cj2a

i am wanting to get a spare 6.2 to overhaul as a back up motorand or a project truck. are ther any updates that need to be done as i wanting to turbo the truck. also who is a good parts suplyer for the mill 6.2.
johnsr - I just pulled a 48K mile 6.2 out of my CUCV that shows one bad piston. I have not pulled the pan off to actually access the rod cap bolts and remove it to ensure it does not have a bent rod, but the engine was suppost to be a running engine that was rattling and swapped with my original engine by my local poilce dept.

I'm in Peoria and sold the injector lines here on SS, but have everything else to make it a complete if you might be interested in it.

I was going to find another good std piston and rod and just swap them in.

Here 's a picture of what it looks like:

48cj2a@sbcglobal.net

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

You can get most of the parts at the local parts house. 1984 K30 J-code engine.

I have a bunch of sets of standard size rings. Thye are listed in the classifeds