• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.2l swap/ Vacuam Brakes

MatthewH

I am looking at swapping in a 6.2l cucv motor into a M880 truck and am wondering about the brakes. I understand the vac pump on the motor COULD do the job for the booster, but would be slow to recharge, so is there a better way to use this pump to reliably have vacuum for the brakes, or is there a better pump to swap to?

Thanks

Matthewh

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The majority of the diesels will use the hydroboost brakes. They use the powersteering pump to provide the boost.

Barrman

I am sure you realize that is why diesel vehicles have the Hyrdoboost system. Which is the best way to do it.

If you don't want to do the hydroboost. Your next option is an electric or belt driven vacuum pump. Some RV's had them and I really don't have a source for you to go looking at either. sorry.

MatthewH

Yes i realize the cucv motors use hydroboost, and i know why they use that system. What i was hoping to do was plant a 6.2l in an m880 and not have to redesign the braking system to accept the hydroboost system.

I wondered if i could install a vacuum can between the pump and the booster, to help deter the lag of the tiny pump, or ?. I'm open to idea' s to get this to work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks