• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 IP in a M1008

Cucvnut

So I know that I need to change the solenoid on a 6.5 ip to 12v from my IP to make it work in the truck, but do I need to change the injectors to a 6.5 also? If I do are there specific ones and is there apart number or just any 6.5 injectors? Besides long and short and coarse or fine thread injectors.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Which 6.5 pump? DS4 will require much more than they are worth. Lots of 6.5 pumps are 12V so it really depends on where you are getting the pump.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Non turbo should be a direct swap. Only need to swap solenoids if it came from a HMMWV.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Model #Part NumberCust Part #Engine(s) Application(s)
DB2831-52095209125556976.5 L NAMilitary Heavy Duty (1.2 cSt), HMMWV

G.

K9Vic

If you get allot of black smoke turn down the fuel delivery by a 1/8 turn. I had to do this on a CUCV that I installed a 6.5 IP that was used on a turbo as the guy had it turned up. But if it is stock non-turbo you should be fine. Go to You Tube and search "6.2l fuel adjust".

Triple C

A db2 and a db4 are a lot different. The db4 uses a FSD (Black box) on the side of the pump. It will also require the appropriate "Computer" mgt system. IF you have the db4 I would scrap it and get a db2. The 4 is a real pain (at least mine were) and the 2 is a great pump.

Cucvnut

A db2 and a db4 are a lot different. The db4 uses a FSD (Black box) on the side of the pump. It will also require the appropriate "Computer" mgt system. IF you have the db4 I would scrap it and get a db2. The 4 is a real pain (at least mine were) and the 2 is a great pump.

Did you read anyones posts after I posted the pump numbers or did you just respond and not read anything?

Last edited:

Cucvnut

Non turbo should be a direct swap. Only need to swap solenoids if it came from a HMMWV.

It has some black rubber grommets on the stop of the pump, I assume I need to swap it out for a top off one of my 6.2 db2 pumps. besides that and the black plastic thing where the vacuum actuator goes it looks the same.

K9Vic

If you are using a HUMVEE pump you may also have to change the pump arm because the trans shift modulator will not bolt on. This is at least what I had to do, but I do not know if the pump I used was from a 6.2L or 6.5L. You will know by looking at it and since you mentioned it does look the same you probably do not have to.

Yes, you can just swap out the top cover with the 12v shut off solenoid from the 6.2L pump. There are two 24v parts in there, the solenoid and another part I cannot think of the name right now.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah Matt, those grommet things are the packard connectors so very common with most MVs (Except CUCV). Swpping the top cover should fix you right up.

Cucvnut

If you are using a HUMVEE pump you may also have to change the pump arm because the trans shift modulator will not bolt on. This is at least what I had to do, but I do not know if the pump I used was from a 6.2L or 6.5L. You will know by looking at it and since you mentioned it does look the same you probably do not have to.

Yes, you can just swap out the top cover with the 12v shut off solenoid from the 6.2L pump. There are two 24v parts in there, the solenoid and another part I cannot think of the name right now.

Yeah I have that odd part on the modulator won't fit on that, good thing i have spare pumps lol.

Thank you K9 and Recovery.

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
the best i remember i used the 6.2 cap and solenoid but the little silver linkage piece from the 6.5 unit, I can't remember but I think all the small parts were the same. This must have required total dis-assembly because I bought those washers for it. Hope this helps, sorry I can't be more sure of what I did but don't remember it being to tricky or difficult, I'll be home 1st of July and could look into it if you still need more info.

micro

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks