• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 IP on 6.2

southdave

I am putting together GL 6.2 out the crap I have accumulated ( turbo head studs, ect), I have some 6.5 DB2 with the artic opt.. I am considering installing one on a 6.2, only because of the brand newnest and the harden parts ect.. does anyone know if this will cause some problems and what injector should be used ?

chevyCUCV

It should work great, You can turn the fuel down just the same as you can turn it up.

But with studs, it sounds like you want a turbo eh?

southdave

Figured I just turn it down, just didn,t know if it would be low enough..yeah it got a turbo
Btw it my 3rd motor hopfully I get this one right lol
motor 1 I straved the cam with the turbo..
motor 2 I blew the oil cooler side of radiator and ate a turbo
motor ??????

Last edited:

southdave

List number, is it DB2829 or DB2831? The 31s flow more fuel.
it a .31, you understand my concerns? would I just rely on a beef up return or???
The Cam starved of oil because I used to big of feed line above the oil filter on questionable junkyard motor.. motor still but has tick and a air compressor thump to it.. it wipeout the rear cam bearings and the last couple lobes..

The second motor was fine I took it all apart had it check out BTWit was depote rebuilt in 08 @ ft campbell. It had three #6 piston with 4 # 3 ect and mesh match of bearing sizes...10 .20 std ect
took it to a machine shop got squared away

new motor is rehone 660 block all new lower end and polished decked heads ect.. thought it might brandy new IP but the lack of oil squirter is my worry

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks