• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 running on wmo?

tiny110

Banned
First off I have done some searching just to find nothing. Maybe I am using the wrong key words. Is it possible to run a 6.5 liter on waste motor oil or any mixture of it? Thanks for what ever help i get.

jdmep

It is deffinately possible...

Possible to run a GM 6.5l on waste motor oil - with certain conditions met.
- injection pump - needs to be a DB2 or similiar, mechanical injection pump. Why - no electric 'photo' eye, which is an electrical sensor that views the fuel and can tell if it is clean or dirty, if it senses dirty fuel(diesel and WMO mix is viewed as dirty)it will tell the vehicle to shut down.
-Good idea to pull the screen off the pickup tube in the fuel tank, and replace it with a spin on filter head and filter, on the fuel line right before the 'Lift Pump'. Donaldson has a $20 filter head available and there are several fuel filters that one could purchase that pre-filter the fuel/water before going through 'Lift Pump'. Why - If your WMO mix is dirty then screen in tank gets clogged and is a pain to remove clean and install again. a spin on pre-filter is so much easier to replace lf it is on the frame rail near the tank and before the lift pump......

Last edited:

jdmep

As far as i know, GM put DB2's (mechanical injection pupms) on 92 and 93 Chevy/GM 6.5L's.....I have a 92 in my front yard....:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks