• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 Turbo is ready for the M1010

panzerwillie

So i being working on this engine for a few months for the M1010 it started as a 96 6.5 electronic, so i rebuild the complete motor including new cylender heads as the old ones where crack, got a 92 IP 4911 had it rebuild and ran on the stant turn the fuel up a little, also had the injectors rebuild with ne nozzles , new water pump ,timing chain , oil pump and just about everything , also had the 4L80E rebuild and updatede with shift improving kit, only thing left is the controler which will be getting next week or 2, here are some pictures...:)
samsung 163.jpg

sam2 032.jpg

samsung 167.jpg

sam2 036.jpg

sam2 031.jpg

sam2 029.jpg

sam2 030.jpg

sam2 027.jpg

GEDC0008.jpg

sam2 037.jpg

idM1028

Hmm...Interesting. All the brackets and stuff fit fine? I'm not terribly interested in the 1010's (no offense) but I am curious since they have more stuff than the other trucks (two alts, A/C compressor, etc.)

panzerwillie

The engines are the same between 6.2 and the 6.5 did only trick is the downpipe as i found out on my 1009 with the turbo i put in it , turck was converter to 12 volt already, it had the typical V belts but i when with the single belt that came with the 6.5, should be inn in a week or two i think will run it on ground first :beer:

southdave

The engines are the same between 6.2 and the 6.5 did only trick is the downpipe as i found out on my 1009 with the turbo i put in it , turck was converter to 12 volt already, it had the typical V belts but i when with the single belt that came with the 6.5, should be inn in a week or two i think will run it on ground first :beer:
I used a downpipe off M35a2 other than some holes that had to be welded up, it works great..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks