• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 turbo setup on 6.2, problems with throttle vacuum valve adjustment.

Truckyea

Got it, not a bad idea. Being that my swap has taken all summer with me never being home, the truck being down since March, I'm probably going to have all kinds of problems

mechromantic

It is possible to reorient the VSV ports, although adjusting the modulator is easier. Beware that you'll be dealing with old plastics, so things may break, be ginger. Sorry for the lack of pictures, but I'll be as descriptive as possible. Here are my procedures:

-Remove VSV from IP. (3/8" wrench)
-Remove screw in side panel of VSV. (Slotted screw driver or 8mm, side panel must rotate CCW a bit to disengage)
This exposes the plunger and cam wheel. Be careful not to allow the cam wheel and spring to pop out, but lift the plunger off the cam wheel.
-Using suitable tools to do so, pry open the four plastic tabs holding the port body to assembly.
I opened one tab at a time, prying underneath the body with a second flat blade. BE GINGER.
-Once the port body is loose from the tabs, pull the body up only enough to disengage it from the cross cog in the body.
-Rotate 90* in the intended direction and slide the body back down, engaging with the tabs.
-Reset the plunger on the cam wheel and reinstall the side panel.
-Reinstall the VSV on the IP
-Adjust as necessary

mechromantic

Afterthought:

Top port to Transmission
Bottom port to Vacuum pump

I actually talked the guy I bought my M1009 from down $100 because he thought the pump was bad. Took a look and saw these lines swapped. Paid for it, drove it around the block, swapped the lines, problem solved.

Ilikemtb999

I attempted to take it apart and it didn't pan out. I ended up just replacing it (they're cheap) and the shift points are fine with it pressed against the upper intake

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks