• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 turbo swap.

daveiaff

I have a GMV with the 6.5 NA and 480LE, just installed new heads and injectors , running great. I have a 6.5 turbo in crate, no history on motor, Iron planet auction. It's a gep block, sent the heads out for magnflux, no cracks, ordered a gasket kit and sending out the ip pump for testing and some new injectors. This is what I would like to do, 2 inch body lift, some surgery on body around engine cover, used dog house cover for turbo motor. My questions are?
1, Harness for turbo motors seem to be on back order, can I find diagrams to add to the existing harness?. Not sure but, crank sensor and throttle sensor?
2. What else am I forgetting from those that have been down this path before? LOL
3. Can the serpentine set up from the NA motor swap over the the turbo motor?

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks