• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5 turbo

Seabee15

Sooo, i have an opportunity to buy a turbo off a 6.5 for my 6.2. Comes complete with turbo, upper and lower intake manifold, passenger side exhaust, and crossover pipe all for around $450.

my question is, worth it? Mileage and power increase that substantial?

I've done some researching on this task, doesn't look like that hard of deal. Just making the turbo master and the routing the oil lines seem to be the hardest part of the project.

transman

The right side manifold will be extremely close to the frame rail and may require light grinding toavoid contact.Also 6.5 injectorsshould be installed as they are shorter than 6.2s which will contact the rt. manifold. A custom crossover pipe from left to right exhaust manifolds will have to be fabricated to clear the front drive shaft. turbo oil supply can be plumbed into the pressure sending port at the rear of the block.

67_C-30

Absolutely worth it! I have added a 6.5 turbo sets to a few different trucks, and it is like driving another truck. The 6.5 turbo keeps the truck from dragging off on hills and it accelerates effortlessly. The small, wastegated design of the GM-X series turbos create almost instant spool, with very little lag.

I have a Banks Sidewinder set-up for my M1009 that I'm going to use (because I got it cheap). but the 6.5 set-up is better for a stock 6.2L. the only kicker is that the 6.5 set-up requires the short 6.5 injectors, so that will add another couple of hundred dollars to the installation.

Another thing that I didn't realize when I did my first one was how much quieter it makes the engine run down the road. The loudest thing you hear in the truck is air rushing into the intake on a N/A 6.2, but when you add the turbo, it eliminates the loud roaring noise.

Here's a clip of 6.5 turbo'd 6.2 in my C-30.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXhvZP9wryk[/media]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks