• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6.5L GEP swap.....which hose to connect A2 PS pump to Hydro-boost?

beckel

OK...making great progress on the swap from a 6.2L 3 spd to a 6.5L 4l80E. The new power pack is in and now the hard work of making all the required connections begins.

I need to reconnect the high pressure line from the A2 style power steering pump (reservoir on top of engine) to the old hydro-boost system. I plan to use the A2 hose but the end that connects to the hydro-boost unit has the wrong style connection.

If anyone else has done the swap would you mind telling me how you connected to the hydro-boost? I suspect there is an adapter of some sort that screws into the hydro-boost and then the new A2 hose screws on.

The other option is to swap to the new A2 hydro-boost but that looks like a pain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

beckel

Looks like I was wrong about the hydro-boost. The A0 and A2 appear to be the same and a fitting is in fact required to adapt the hose. The TM shows a PN ([h=1]01-493-4056)[/h]...just need to track it down now.

linhster

OK...making great progress on the swap from a 6.2L 3 spd to a 6.5L 4l80E. The new power pack is in and now the hard work of making all the required connections begins.

I need to reconnect the high pressure line from the A2 style power steering pump (reservoir on top of engine) to the old hydro-boost system. I plan to use the A2 hose but the end that connects to the hydro-boost unit has the wrong style connection.

If anyone else has done the swap would you mind telling me how you connected to the hydro-boost? I suspect there is an adapter of some sort that screws into the hydro-boost and then the new A2 hose screws on.

The other option is to swap to the new A2 hydro-boost but that looks like a pain.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
I reused the hose end connectors from the old hose. The ends can be detach from the hose. Otherwise you can wait for the new one to come.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks