• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 Door Deuce Crew Cab

61sleepercab

I have seen on Diesel Brothers tv show were they have built several 6 door 4x4 civilian trucks but I have not seen any 6x6 6 door military trucks. I have a 1984 International S series crew cab truck and that cab would seat 6 easy. Do you have a big family or want to haul cheer leaders ? I would think that stretching a Army cab that far would be ungainly to fab up and how are you going to fix a top without a bunch of welds? Keep us posted if you take the plunge . Mark

my blood flows OD

I been thinking about that for a while. But trying to ditch the bed and close the back in like a large SUV. Like a excursion or burb. Keep it 3 axles.
the 3rd doors would run into the 2nd axle but that's not a big deal. It would make it look better I think.
id like to see someone photo shop it to see what it would look like.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That would be interesting. Trying to one up every other M series crew cab built.

11Echo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I been thinking about that for a while. But trying to ditch the bed and close the back in like a large SUV. Like a excursion or burb. Keep it 3 axles.
the 3rd doors would run into the 2nd axle but that's not a big deal. It would make it look better I think.
id like to see someone photo shop it to see what it would look like.

Previous posted photoshop pic.

Attachments

pitpawten

I got 6 kids. My wife drives a jack up diesel excursion. That's kinda what got me thinking about it
Howdy brother....5 kids here and, wife drives a 7.3 Excursion (mine is a 1997 F350 CCLB 4x4 5sp)

I'd think about doing it on the M36 lwb version myself...you are already going big, why not keep a big bed :D

You thinking about it in the style of customautosbytim?

my blood flows OD

We are on our 2nd excursion. 1st one we bought in 04 is an 01 V10. This truck saved my family in a 45 mph T-bone with a crown Vic that pulled a pulled a super trooper move. He pulled into the BDL and banged a U-turn front of us.
got her all fixed and now she is my plow truckimage.jpg

the 2nd one we bought last year. An 04 6.0 all bullet proofed and ARP head studs.
image.jpg

Sorry, I love these truck. We can get back to MV's now.:derailed:

pitpawten

I mocked up a quick 6 Door concept based on the M36 long wheelbase Deuce

Here is the original:

M36.jpg

With 6 doors (keeping the bed):

M36-6-Door.jpg

I thought it looked better with the rear axles moved ~1' to the rear:

M36-6-Door-(LWB).jpg

Either way, its a beast of a vehicle. Now if I had my choice on a 6 door vehicle it would be this hands down:

Shilelds_006.JPG

A custom built 7.3L 6 Door Excursion :drool:

Last edited:

my blood flows OD

We should do a MV build off. Like the biker build offs they do. Each person comes up with there own design, builds a rig and then we go to w MV show say Aberdeen and the crowd votes on them. So who wants to sponsor me?

letssled

This is what I plan to do to a M-35 or M-135. I think the 4 door idea would work the best, eliminates the door over the rear wheels. Biggest hold up I have right now, is finding axles with a lower ratio AND retaining the 6x6....That said, I would suggest looking at installing an air ride cab, should make the drive much more pleasant.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks