• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6 Wheels vs. 10 WheelsthereT

Lax

Thanks Cranetruck. I think you have answered my questions. It just seems to me that staying with duels is the best of both worlds (form me). It's a lot cheaper then switching all eight rear wheels to singles with the associated headaches and trouble. It looks good with duels, the way it is supposed to. I can use the chains whenever I feel the need but not when I don't. And like I said I love the fact that I have all the extra rubber back there just in case I lose a tire to trauma, lack of air, etc. I think with the correct chains I could just about climb trees if I have to. Bring on the snow storms and hurricanes!! rofl

phillipmccarthey

Does anyone know what originally came out on them on a 1972 model ?
I'm looking at buying a 1972 that has singles in the rear and appears to already have the hubs flipped.
Makes me wonder if it might be an M34.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I'm looking at buying a 1972 that has singles in the rear and appears to already have the hubs flipped.
Most likely duels, a m34 had a different bed then the m35, the m34 had stepped sides.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M34's ended in the early 50's.