• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60,000 btu compartment heater.

m715

I bought a heater that I am seeking info on. This is a nos diesel fired 60k btu. Model 78385--10560-c24 vehicle compartment heater. What is different is it has a fuel tank mounted on top with a fuel pump and filter built in. This has the control panel with the start and stop and hi low switches. This looks to be a self contained heater that only needs 24 volt power to run anywhere. I have seen one listed on a big auction site by a large surplus dealer. Nice clear pics of one just like mine. Anyone have any info on what this set up was used in? This is the same heater used in tracked vehicles only it has its own fuel tank.

snowtrac nome

The 10560 heaters were used in the m113 vehicles, just not in the configuration you are describing. They are an oversized 10530 like you would find in a duce or cucv.

m715

That's my understanding as well. Oversize is right at over 100 lbs. I am not sure of the fuel tank size, hard to tell from the pics, but perhaps five gallons. None of the TM manuals I have seen so far show this type configuration. I would like to know the original military application, this could be used so many ways.

snowtrac nome

it might have been something fabbed up for preheating equipment or a shelter system of sorts, the ak guard had a few like that that were local manufacture with 10530's we used for preheating equipment like small engines and the old aircooled generator sets. when they went to surplus the pilts snagged them up for preheating airplanes. That by the way may have been the use for yours say the old reciprocating engines like the dc 6 or c123.

m715

I do know they came preassembled from the maker with the fuel tank installed. I have searched the auction sites and found one same as mine listed. Nos in box, with the diverter and needed wires. The fuel tank is different than any others I have seen and the mount that holds the heater to whatever you put it on. All other parts are the same as used on everything else. I have not herd a 60k btu heater running before so I don't know how loud they are.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks