• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60 days gl wait normal?

Warren Lovell

GL just charged my credit card, they got the EUC and Driver License.
Ms. Cowan (in Arizona) told me it could be around 60 days for me to get the invoice and clearance to pick up the M1009.

Is this a normal waiting period?

I haven't purchased from them in 4 years. GL told me the EUC is good for a year for a quick turn-around. After a year you start that whole process.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
While I'm sure that the work loads vary @ GL, my 1st ever EUC took 3 weeks
like everywhere else in the private sector lately, less people to do more work.

Sale 12-16
euc to BC 12-24
euc approved 1-5
Home 1-9

The next two were were quick too
sale 6-30
trucks home 7-14

sale 7-30
truck home 8-20

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't really say "GL" and "normal" in the same sentance.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just had an EUC approved in SIX days, from submitting to notification!!!!!!!!!!!!

markmontana

Just had my first approved yesterday- sent in Jan 6th. I had almost given up hope. I had another one sent in on 3/10 and also approved yesterday- 3/18.

New item to add to any 'FAQ's' about GL bidding (for New Guys) -- don't stack up EUC's and expect you can manage your pick-ups. They will all come at the WORST possible time

:oops:

91W350

It was over 100 days from the time I paid until my SF97 came. Seems like I was around 67 days waiting for the EUC to clear. I was ready to be informed my truck was being relisted. Glen

The Janiter

It took mine 68 days to clear and and other 2 months to get a correct sf97

Just keep in touch with them and let them know you are there every few days

Look back on my post ( sf97 goofs )and you will find the # for Jean with the sf97 department she

can help a lot when the time comes to get your paper work

LanceRobson

I sometimes wonder if the DLA folks at Battle Creek work the same way GL does in that GL has one person handle all the EUCs from a single auction. Larger auctions equal longer times to wrapping up the last EUCs. There have been a lot of 3/4 ton trailers coming out all over the country which has the item count high for the last couple of months.

I saw a thread where somebody got an EUC back on sale 4991 a week and a half after the sale with about 4 days at BC and I'm still holding my hand on my butt for EUCs from 4991 and 5007 plus more recent ones.

My last purchase was in July and sale took 9 days from sale to final invoice and I lost a day to corrections. I've had more than a dozen EUCs in the past two years so it's not like I'm a stranger.

GL got the 4991 EUC at 10 AM Eastern time on 05FEB10, the day after the sale. There were no corrections needed and GL didn't send it to BC until the 16th. The DLA at BC has had it for over a month.

I guess we all complain about it but since GL and the DLA are the only show in town they have zero incentive to act like good business partners.

Lance

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the EUC gets sent to Battle Creek GL has no control over how long it takes at Battle Creek. Please don't keep calling and "hounding" GL while the EUC is at Battle Creek. It ties up the phone lines for people trying to get ahold of GL that have a problem that GL has control of. ;-)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks