• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

602 Blues

OSO

Oso here , check on page 3 of 5ton forum.You will find out about spark plugs. Brad a fellow I met suggests using Champion UJ12Y plugs . Then installing Packard 440 plug wires , remove old water proof wires and make up new wires and the distributor wire ends will fit where old water proof wires threaded on to the cap. Advance timing after engine is hot just till it starts to buck a little, back off a little . Then check where your timing light shows :idea: Brad also mentions to drill out the jets a little larger to make up for the alcohol in the fuel nowadays. I haven't done anything with the carb as of yet. 2cents

acetomatoco

The replacement Zenith carbs seem to be a little better at leaning out than the original Holleys. Also remember to advance the timing some to compensate for the improved gasoline octane since 1950... remember they were designed for MoGas.. and you can run a little hotter plug... the 2245s are hotter than the 2243s.. If you are using the civvy plugs, the J11s are hotter than the J8s...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks