• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

60amp alternator protective cover screws

riderdan

So I've tried four different size/pitch screws in the little metal cover on the back of my 60A alternator, but haven't had success getting them to screw in. Both are missing (?) so I don't have one to check against a thread pitch gauge. Anyone know what these are so I can stop that thing rattling around under there?

riderdan

Are you talking about the wire connection cover? If so, I believe they are 6/32 x 1/4".
I tried a set of those and they wouldn't go. Maybe the wrong thread pitch?

This is the cover (not my picture, obviously)
gen.jpg

I recall it being a machine screw fine thread but It has been a while since I opened one up.

Thanks Juan. That's the one, but the TM doesn't seem to call out the measurements of the screws.

Last edited:

papakb

If 6-32 is too small the next standard size up is 8-32. PM me a mailing address and I'll send you a couple stainless screws.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks