• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

61 REO M35 Brake line questoin

AR MOG GEDDON

I have a '61 REO Gasser M35, and I need a new brake hose from the frame to the axle. The TM for the M35 A2 lists 7373247. Will this fit the older M35? the thing that has me worried is that in the "Deuce Parts Quick Referance Spreadsheet" there is a hose P# BH41221 listed as an O'reily part front brake hose alternative, but O'reily shows that hose with 7/16 threads, and my hose has 1/2 threads. Do any of you know what threads are on the 7373247? Or if it will fit the older M35?

Any help would be appreciated

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lines should be common through the years. There was an update to the front hoses that re-routes them. I prefer to buy my hoses through places like White Owl where I know I get the right part.

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Follow Recovery 4x4's advice. I just replaced all the brake lines and hoses and bought all White Owl had and had a local hydraulic shop make the 3 George did not have. The ones I had made fit as well as the factory ones.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or you can have them made up for about the same price. Just take a sample to the hose guy and they'll pump them out toot sweet and they'll be new and serialized.