• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

$65 Deuce from GL - what?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
well, he said he painted it 5 or 6 years ago, so how long did he have it before that? The minimum bids weren't always $150 like they are now.

I see no reason why he could not have gotten it for $65. If it was at some obscure location and nobody wanted to go get it, or if there were hundreds of them at auction at one time. Also, back then, the auctions weren't as popular as they are now. GL is doing a LOT of advertising to get people interested so the prices will go up, and the tactics seem to be working.

smoke

He said it was three years ago. It must had been before min. 150. And it was in hawai. I know I could not afford that shipping bill.

gunboy1656

He is full of it. I bet he got it before the minimum bid went to 150. but I have NEVER seen an M578 on GL since I started watching their site. And I have never seen a fuel tanker on "Tears of the Sun", there are a couple deuces and Mogs, but they are cargo trucks.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FWIW my cheapest deuce was from GSA. Cost me $51. Also bought an M50 from GSA for $80. My cheapest GL deuce was purchased 4/4/02 for $160. It had no engine and I towed in from DSC Columbus to FL with my crew cab. Point of reference, that deuce purchased on 4/4/02, the EUC cleared the last week of August 02. Cheapest running deuce I've ever bought was from DRMO at like $430. Anything is possible.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 things people tend to lie about are what they paid for something and how good thier gas mileage is. That being said the cheapest running M35a2 I ave ever bought was south of 450 with all the fees. .In fact I got 2 in the same sale for a grand total of $937 one with a winch.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It could be, my dropside was $625 total when I bought it. I have ALOT more than that in it though. Minimum bids were $50 only 3 or so years ago.[thumbzup]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks