• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

66 Reo transfer case

66Reo6X6

I recently purchesed my first M35 a 1966 Reo and am having trouble getting the front axle to lock in. It appears to only do so in reverse as there is a rod on top of the trans that only engages the transfer case in reverse. My other truck is a 1941 Chevy G506. Thanks

Sephirothq

It sounds like you have a sprag transfer case. You can search that. basically you won't get 6x6 until the back wheels slip if the case is working. You might want to swap it out for an air shift transfer case.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

66Reo6X6

transfer case Reo 6x6

Had the truck stuck yesterday and the rear wheels spun but front axle didn't. Sounds like I need to replace the transfer case. Any idea where I can obtain one and what they are worth? Thanks for the help!

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Welcome to the site 66Reo6x6! We'd love to see some pics of your trucks.

Pay attention to Gringeltaube's advice-he is one of our most respected "deuce whisperers" and he won't steer you wrong!

66Reo6X6

Hello, The front driveshaft was not turning when the trans was in a forward gear, only reverse. As to the front axle I had the whole front end off the ground and turned the front driveshaft by hand and both front wheels moved. As to the linkage being out of adjustment that is a good possibility. With the front end up and the trans in rev I was unable to turn the front driveshaft. Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks