• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

67 Deuce dies when i hit 4th gear

RDUKW

Don't run a resister. It is just another failure point. The 24 volt pumps are readily available and will pump the proper volume. Through away the two pumps you have.

Ryan

Heavysteven

That's not a stock fuel pump for sure.

Best bet replace with nos. Should look the one in this video.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57sST-mVt9U&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/media]

WONKA

Just ordered a olympic controls fuel pump!!!! FIGURED IF I WAS GOING TO DO IT, MIGHT AS WELL DO IT RIGHT

Last edited:

DieselBob

That was the route I went when I needed to replace mine. Yes it costs more but it is plug&play so to speak and no doubt it was configured for the intended use.

WONKA

Well got my pump in today and goin to install tomorrow after work. Does the ground on the cage bolt to the pumP?

WONKA

Just of sure on ground cause the way the previous owner had it rigged. It has an eye at the end of the ground that's on the cage so I figured it's got to go somewhere

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yes, the ground wire from the pump goes to the cage that holds the pump. When you install the pump, don't put it all the way at the bottom, that is where water and crud (yes the technicall name!) settles. You want the pump to pull fuel, not the crud.

WONKA

Well i just took it to SUBWAY and it drove great! a little slow but who would of thought.

I am hooked! i love all the looks that i get,

WONKA

now ive got to figure out why i do not have any headlights or turn signals. but i do have running lights and brake lights

Chevyman_15237

I'd go through the TM's so you can see how all the lights work. For civy use they are "bass-ackwards"...... It took me a few times of moving the levers and walking laps around the truck to see how they worked!

panshark

your turn signal malady may be a chronic condition. I've gotten a stubborn switch to cooperate by turning the signal on, then leaving it on until it starts blinking (big green light, right on the switch). It's like warming up a diesel engine, except it's the turn signal. And you don't have to let it cool down.:beer: