• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

'67 M35A2 Saved Today

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE:

I used to feel cheated because I didn't have one that looked perfect then I realized I would be afraid to scratch it if were that purdy.

Now I just keep some rattle cans around with 383 OD.

AaronW

Re: RE:

Boatcarpenter said:
A little rough around the edges maybe, but otherwise a fine piece of equipment. Good going and good luck with the recovery :driver:
BC
I think this one looks more than a little rough. A little elbow grease and Krylon might go along way. I might even find a few spare parts on it.

wsucougarx

Good for you. This your second? Quite different in appearance compared to your other truck. One for show and the other for play? I was quite surprised they only had one truck on that auction. I bidded upto 600 and thought why am I bidding. I still havent picked up my first truck. Its about 8 trucks down from the one you just bought.

wsucougarx

Inspection report (Good, the bad, the ugly)

Hey Aaron,
I spent just a little under an hour inspecting your truck for you. I've broken down my observations under The Good, The Bad, The Ugly. Albeit more good than the other two :D

What you have is a LDT465-1D engine w/turbo :D replaced 6/87 The entire truck was overhauled 7/89.

The Good:
First off my friend you can knock $250 off what you paid b/c you have a overflowing full tank of diesel. Ok it wasn't overflowing...but full tank it was.
Your engine compartment is immaculant!!!! I don't think I saw rust, if there was it was very very minimal.
Coolant looks new, no rust inside of radiator filler. Good color :D
Engine oil is new, looks like they just changed it :D
Newer hoses all around
Windshield frame and windows are brand spankin' new
Front tires appear to have very minimal use-look brand new
Rear tires look great
Cargo cover and cab cover look newer-good color
Batteries look like they were just replaced
Newer airpack and newer master brake cylinder
Tranny looked newer than the other components underneath.
Doors all opened/closed good, windows roll up/down great
Seatbelts work
In tank fuel pump working
Headlights good to go, turn signals work
Tools include 8-ton jack w/handle, lug nut tool, and 1/2" drive for plug holes only.
No leaky axles or hubs :D :D :D
Fire extinguisher in cab
Wood troop seats
Newer mirrors both sides

The bad:
The paint has much to be desired. Apparently the first coat of CARC wasn't prepped correctly. your paint is chipping and pealing down to the original OD green. It's pretty extensive over the entire truck including the instrument panel.Most of the paint is bubbled and just falling off :eek:
Driver seat cushion new, however driver back cushion is hashed. Feels like needles poking you. Bring two pillows, one for your bottom and one for your back. It has the older seat w/out a spring. Only cushion is the 1/2" foam under you
Rust pretty bad b/w hood and windshield-mostly surface
Rust spots all over rear-wire brush ought to clean it up.
E-brake handles releases but cable appears to be frozen. I didn't check the pads on the driveshaft.
Truck has heater controls but no heater.
No pioneer tools

The ugly:

The paint as described and driver seat. But nothing a few cans of Krylon won't cover :lol:

I'm not sure what kind of front axle. I didn't see a air switch in the cab for the front axles.
I didn't start your truck as there were several inspectors in the yard and for some reason FT Lewis GL do not allow the starting of trucks unless you're pickin up. The volts look great on your batteries.

I hope this helps you out.
Mike H

2027Deuce

RE: Inspection report (Good, the bad, the ugly)

Sounds like a good truck. Probably has the sprague transfer so the front axle will engage automatically if its still working. Glad you got the truck. Good luck on the recovery.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have never seen a set of pioneer tools on a GL truck... The unit that turns in the truck usually strips it of BII/AAI pre turn and it goes on other trucks or for spares....

wsucougarx

emmado22 said:
I have never seen a set of pioneer tools on a GL truck... The unit that turns in the truck usually strips it of BII/AAI pre turn and it goes on other trucks or for spares....
The last auction I went to 4/10 had them

AaronW

Just got my "paid in full" e-mail!!! Now I just need to find time to pick it up! :D

I gotta thank GL for the 12 working day turn around!! BZ

kurtkds

I end up over there just to go window shopping... :p

I plan on being over there tomorrow morning...

I find that it's a good place to do "research" :twisted:

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Nice truck and the good far out weigh the bad. In fact the paint may be a blessing it will be easy to get off the old stuff with one of those multi pad sanding discs they really work well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks