• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

69 model 2.5ton question

tacticalmike

hello, im looking at a 69 model 2.5ton truck. its in good condition, titled and driven frequently. it has the multifuel engine but whats the best way to identify the type of turbo on it ? I hope its the "c" whistler . thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a pretty simple question to answer, START THE TRUCK and listen, withing about 3 seconds you WILL know what turbo is on the engine! The "C" sounds very neat and cool for about a month but if your driving the anything near often your going to wishing for the "D" in no time at all!
KK

tacticalmike

thank you guys....... and the owner does not know which turbo it is and that's why im seeking advice from others that have a passion for these trucks. thank you!

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
All the other smart azz answers were taken already!

I guess I will not pass go, and I will not collect $100...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks