• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6BT SAE#2 Flywheel Housing Part?

290smallcam

So ive been googling for the past 3 days looking for a flywheel housing for a 6BT in the SAE#2 size. seems all I can find are ones with the starter mount up high, which will hit the firewall. Does anyone know the part number for a #2 with the starter mount at the 3or6 o clock?? found part number# 3904172, but I don't know. What have any of you guys used? I know there might already be covered in here in some post, but there are 1,000 of posts and ive been at this for a while now. sorry :)

290smallcam

yep, that will work. now for the SAE#2 flywheel number, and the starter number. Found some that are 14 inch, but they all look different?? The starters are confusing too? 28 MT, 10 etc... All I know is the 14 inch flywheels I found say 173 teeth and 306 pilot bearing. I read other forums saying that you need the right starter when using an SAE#2 flywheel. Standard Dodge truck starters wont work. Thanks for any help and input anyone offers up :)

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
yep, that will work. now for the SAE#2 flywheel number, and the starter number. Found some that are 14 inch, but they all look different?? The starters are confusing too? 28 MT, 10 etc... All I know is the 14 inch flywheels I found say 173 teeth and 306 pilot bearing. I read other forums saying that you need the right starter when using an SAE#2 flywheel. Standard Dodge truck starters wont work. Thanks for any help and input anyone offers up :)
Find a flywheel. Find its civilian application. Then find your starter for that application. If you have any starter questions shoot @74M35A2. Thats his business.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks