• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6cta head gasket

Ryanpowell167

I have a 1991 m923a2 with the 8.3l cummins, I am needing a head gasket. I've called cummins parts direct and they need an engine serial number which I can't find. I've looked on all the usual surplus sites and can't find one. Any of you have a source for these or atleast a part number I can give the cummins guys? Or maybe different areas to look for a serial number? I looked all over the valve cover and flywheel housing per the cummins parts direct people and can't find anything. Thanks in advance!

BrushMaster Builder

The reason they need the serial number is to determine head gasket thickness for your engine application. However, there are only three different gaskets for the 6CTA 8.3 with thickness sizes from "Standard" to .15mm to .50mm

The Cummins part numbers, listed in order from above by size are 3921850, 3921852,3921853

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks