• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6k or 9k elec winch on a rear mile marker plate......

racingjoe66

Has anyone put the mil-6000 or mil-9000 electric winch on the rear of there HMMWV using the mile marker hydraulic plate? Was there any issues or modifications that needed to be done to make it work?

thanks

ryanruck

Can't help precisely with your question but, I do know there is a specific winch plate made for the rear mounted electric winches. Needs a couple body brackets made for mounting it as well.

I got my setup from 86humv. No winch on mine yet but it is installed.

electWinch.jpg electwinch2.jpg

ryanruck

I seen these pics before but could never find any part numbers. How much did it run you? I have a winch.....just no mounts yet lol. Any interest in maybe selling?
Can't sell it. The brackets are currently holding everything together on the rear. :mrgreen: It is going to get a winch installed on it sometime this summer.

The diagrams and part listings are found in TM 9-2320-387-24P, page 1300 of 1953 of the PDF I've got.

The plate is part number 12447091. The right hand bracket is part number RCSK17451-1. The left hand bracket is RCSK17451-2. The roller fairlead mount is part RCSK17450. And the clutch lever control cable mounting bracket is part RCSK17484.

Mac Motors shows some of the parts in stock and can probably get the ones that aren't. Hummer Parts Guy doesn't even show any matches for the parts but can probably get them if you give them the PNs since they sell OEM parts. However, both places you'll be paying full retail.

I'd shoot 86humv a PM and see if he has any of the hardware.

ETA: Don't remember the cost since it was about a year ago, but Greg/86humv was very fair on the pricing as he always is.

Last edited:

ryanruck

Do you have pictures of yours all mounted up? So this goes behind the airlift bumper? I just want to make sure. And what is the clutch lever control cable for?
Let me check and see. I think I've got some pics of the install. If not I can go take some.

And yes, goes behind the air lift bumper in the space where either the pioneer kit or aux fuel tank would go.

Clutch lever control cable is to allow you to remotely disengage the winch clutch to free spool the winch cable out and then re-engage the clutch to wind it in. Otherwise you'd have to crawl under the truck to disengage/engage the clutch which might not be possible if you're in some deep muck.

ryanruck

The part numbers for the cable and various other sundry hardware is in the TM. (I hope this went through, it's 37MB)
View attachment REAR ELECTRIC WINCH - TM-9-2320-387-24P.pdf

Page 1302 has the diagram and 1303 has the parts list.

I didn't ask Greg about the cable because I'm going to be running a non-standard setup and I may need something custom so, no idea if he had them when I got mine. As far as I know, it will need to be purchased separate.

Here are the pics I found of the install.

Brackets and roller fairlead mount with no winch plate:
IMG_1118.jpg

Roller fairlead mount with the plate now behind it:
IMG_1120.jpg

Mocked up with no bumper installed:
IMG_1112.jpg

Rear of the winch plate with everything installed.
IMG_1132.jpg

My setup is semi-custom. I had the winch mounting bolt holes on the winch plate elongated by a metal fab shop to accommodate a 4x10 commercial winch bolt pattern. I also had reinforcements added to those holes by the same shop for extra peace of mind. Running a commercial 4x10 winch in that space will pose a challenge to getting the roller fairlead mount to line up with it since it too is 4x9.

Lastly you might see it in a couple pics but I have an H1 receiver hitch installed on my truck (not fully installed in those pics). With the hitch there, it will interfere with the angle of the cable coming out of the roller fairlead. If you don't put that hitch on your truck and run an unmodified setup, you won't have any of the issues I've got but, I'm going have to come up with a method of guiding the cable over that hitch in a manner it doesn't damage the cable. Probably some sort of section of round stock on the bottom.

Last edited:

racingjoe66

Thanks for the awesome pics! Gives me an option to go with. I plan on using the stock airlift rear bumper. I was originally planning on using a milemarker plate and putting my electric winch on that. I seng Greg a message to see if he has any so just waiting to hear back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks