• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6TL Battery - Fix bad cell/Replace battery Western Michigan

houdel

My new Deuce came with two fairly fresh 6TLMF (maintenance free?) batteries (green case). One is good, one has a bad cell. I checked both with my battery hydrometer, on the good one all the cells were 1.275-1.300 S.G. The bad one had one cell at >1.100 S.G., the rest of the cells were all 1.275-1.300 S.G.

Is it possible to repair/rejuvinate a bad cell in a 6TL? I'd hate to trash an otherwise excellent battery because only one cell is bad. Is there anyone in Western Michigan that can do that?

If not, does anyone know of a reasonably priced source in Western Michigan for good reconditioned 6TLs? My preferred search area would be between Traverse City, Clare and Grand Rapids.

Or, does anyone in my general area have a decent used 6TL they will part with? I can drive 100 miles or so to pick it up.

I'm pretty much out in the sticks here, the closest "Big City" is about 25 miles away with a population of 14,000, so I don't have much to choose from locally. There are two local "auto parts shops", big my garage is bigger than their stores. One of them does have a battery load tester though!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks