• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6TL battery refurb/reconditioned battery

edpdx

I like the look of the 6TL battery; but I would rather drive than admire a dead battery. If there is no great replacement for a 6TL I am looking at options:

The Red Top Optima 34/78 has 800 CCA / 1000 CA is this enough? I don't have a winch or large electronics on-board.

scrambled

I have 2 optimas in one of my 1008s. They work fine. I also have 2 interstate group 31 refurbs in another 08 and 2 of my 1031s. they work even better and were less than 100 bucks for the pair. My optimas were 150ish each plus the nice adapters...

Travis

kipman

6TL's suck wind, they will not take the abuse of group 31 battery's, Interstate sells them for about 35 each, you can not beat the value.

edpdx

I just finished putting in two group 31 batteries. Went to start it thinking that would end my starting problem... NO.

I have gone thru the TM manuals for troubleshooting the starter; but I think it must be the solenoid- the starter is new and under warranty; I'd rather put a solenoid in; but I have to pull the starter anyway, so I am guessing I will send it back, although the starter DID spin up fine on the bench.

What am I missing? If I send the starter back and they test it and say its fine, I'll be in the same boat in two weeks because of shipping back and forth.

What should I review on the wiring?

cjcottrill

6TL's suck wind, they will not take the abuse of group 31 battery's, Interstate sells them for about 35 each, you can not beat the value.

Did I read that right? 35 each? Are they blems/ reconditioned? I went to fire my deuce for the parade Sat. -dead batteries- first time. the are original about 4 years old. I have them on the charger, I'm a little worried about 1 of them so it's probably best to replace them both. By the way, the ladder works great and got used Sat. I've got about 4 ton of mud to remove from my truck, I tried to drive through my field to the parking spot after the parade. Thank goodness for the winch. Hope the wrench party went well.

Miah

My G-31s ended up costing around $55 ea since I went through local parts store that wasn't an Interstate distributor. Still it was a heck of a better deal than el-cheapo Megalo-Mart car batteries that would still be around $65-70 ea & not have the cranking power or lifespan.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks