• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6TL batterys

gmayor

I was told by my NAPA dealer they came and took the few 6tls they had in stock and due to the war they wouldn't get anymore for awhile. Just what I heard here, don't know if true, but told me they couldn't get them. Anyone else hear that? I went ahead and bought to truck batteries, fit right in the box.

JoshC

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gmayor said:
I was told by my NAPA dealer they came and took the few 6tls they had in stock and due to the war they wouldn't get anymore for awhile. Just what I heard here, don't know if true, but told me they couldn't get them. Anyone else hear that? I went ahead and bought to truck batteries, fit right in the box.
I ordered four today. They are supposed to be in tomorrow. I shall let you know if they make it or not.

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just stumbled across 2 for free! They wouldn't fit his RV so he gave them to me...not a bad deal :D

bigmike

Steel Soldiers Supporter
P.S.

I did give him $20 for a jerry can in excellent condition...he threw in the batteries.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
My Dad went to the local Deka battery dealer. They told him he needed to sign some paperwork saying he wouldn't export them to terrorists or something. No big deal. One guy I have met before at MV shows is Kevin Emdee from Star Electric. He was very nice and always stocked 6TL's. I haven't talked with him in a while though. The last number I have for him is 270-877-0813.

gbooth

Interstate Battery Not to far from me has a plant. I buy BLEMS there the 6TL for $40.00 each Cary a full guarantee.

m139h2otruck

Are the #31P Interstate batteries the same physical size and layout as the 6TL's? I was quoted by the local NAPA store $93 for the 31P's and $165 for the 6TL's. When you need 4, it makes a big difference!

wdbtchr

I just bought two from Ellis Bros. Battery here in ST. Louis for $125 each. When I asked about how hard they are to get they said how many I want they can get them anytime.

redass73

two of my 4 went bad this fall, less than a year old. my harris battery rep said no waranty and the local army post takes all they get. didnt think he could even get me anymore.. but two of the 31's workd out fine. much better cranking amp's. now i wanna replace the other 6tl's. but for what they cost.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I don't have the 6tl battery in my deuce. I am thinking about replacing the batteries I have. How many cca are the 6tl rated at?