• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6v92ta with 13 spd engine swap

74M35A2

It is possible to do because I did it offers more power more torque and is almost a 1, 000 pounds ligther and it sounds really cool
Pics or it never happened. Also describe how you handled the front driveshaft.

That engine weighs 600lb more than a 6CTA8.3.

74M35A2

Hold tight. He might have it. This is like sitting at a poker table. Looks to be the engine in his pic. Fuel filter location, turbo, and rear belt driven alternator are correct. Could also be a 6V71 or 6V53. Just can't tell what vehicle it is in. It is green but has no cowl in front of the windshield. Also looks to have a brake master cylinder? I think I also see the compressor governor. This could get good. Any DD sounds fabulous, I'm staying tuned...

JohnnyBM931A2

Hold tight. He might have it. This is like sitting at a poker table. Looks to be the engine in his pic. Fuel filter location, turbo, and rear belt driven alternator are correct. Could also be a 6V71 or 6V53. Just can't tell what vehicle it is in. It is green but has no cowl in front of the windshield. Also looks to have a brake master cylinder? I think I also see the compressor governor. This could get good. Any DD sounds fabulous, I'm staying tuned...
I believe he said in another post that the truck he started with was an 800 series. Does his picture match that truck?

Ratchetop

You can tell it's a 6v-92 due to the large snap ring on the water pump cover. The 71 series has bolts that hold it on and the 53 series is not even close.

Csm Davis

Pics or it never happened. Also describe how you handled the front driveshaft.

That engine weighs 600lb more than a 6CTA8.3.
Yes but as he said about 1000 lbs less than a 855 ci and it's a two stroke so potentially a lot stronger power wise. Not to rain on anyone's parade but I have seen an 8v92 stuffed in one.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks