• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

6x6 super single I saw at FT Carson GL lot

jollyroger

A person definitely gets value when they buy an A3. I don't think anyone has said they are not worth it. I mean try and buy a diesel powered pickup truck nowdays. You are gonna spend $6000-$10000 for one that is 14 years old and has 200,000 miles on it. With A3's you get a turbo diesel, automatic, power steering most of the time with less than 10,000 miles. The engine does not really break in untill 30-60,000 miles.

I have had friends with the 3116 Cat in motorhomes and they have had problems with that motor. And they were expensive problems. I'm not sayin' the 3116 is a boat anchor so don't touch it. Just do some research. The multifuels have their own problems but are usually cheaper to fix as you can buy spare motors for $1000-$2000. You can buy A2 parts trucks for $1000-$2000.......And that's how a yard full of trucks starts. Then they really are yard ornaments.;-)

JOAT 0311

I guess the driver just has to decide what they are going to use the truck for. I have not had the chance to drive an A3. I purchased my 109 and A2 based on my list of what I wanted from my truck. I also took about a year to weigh everything out and do research. I don't mind stocking up on parts I will need. I actually like to do the work and take pride in knowing my truck. Just remember you can always buy more trucks. The real important thing is to do the research so you are satisfied with your purchase and cost of ownership. You really can't go wrong if you know what to expect with either truck.

lonegunman

I'm with you on that point. I figured out what I was going to need and weighed the options and went for the A3. I'd like to get an A2 as well but I am thinking the wife won't be to thrilled with that, haha She does not see the joy in owning your own trans unit. But, I'm working on showing her.:-D

maxxplanck

Jollyroger what type and size, brand, are your new tires, are they on the same size rim? It makes your truck look great with the new tires. Right know I have single 11:00-20 on mine

andytk5

Jollyroger what type and size, brand, are your new tires, are they on the same size rim? It makes your truck look great with the new tires. Right know I have single 11:00-20 on mine

Yeah second that! I have T831's singles with the dish in I am looking to just flip the dish out (if that is possible). Id like the wider stance without flipping the hubs unless I have to.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks