7.3 powerstroke swap

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

jburk052

Hi everyone,
I'm new to the group, just got myself a 1945 2.5ton with a tired straight 6 gas motor. I was wondering if anyone has any helpful info for a 7.3 powerstroke swap?

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad idea. Won't fit without brutal whacking and hacking. Fix your I6, those engines power the deuce like a raped ape. We just drove these two 1500 miles all over England, France and Belgium with zero breakdowns.

Attachments

Valley Rock

Big wheeler cat peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Joe, saw you post this yesterday in BnB 4x4 Fab, I was thinking it was a more modern Deuce like an M35A2, they have considerably more room in the engine bay to work with, however the 7.3 is not very long, just wide .

The tape measure is your friend, measure your frame rails and the engine mount spacing needed for your engine and just figure it out unless you want to go back with a 6 banger, sounds like you are wanting to use the 7.3 that you already have so start measuring everything and sketch it out on a piece of paper for a feasibility study would be my suggestion .

If you can get that motor in there it will probably run forever and sound great, I suspect the exhaust will be outside the frame rails, maybe flip the manifolds over or something and run the pipe out the side so as not have to deal with the lack of room underneath that beast, please keep us updated with pics should you decide to move forward with this, I'm all for it personally .

EDIT: And welcome to SS !

Last edited:

WillWagner

Loose Nut
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not only the size, but the torque nd power it puts out will hurt the drive train. I agree, fix the 6.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks