• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7.5 Breaker tripping (MEP-004)

steelman101

Trying to sort out MEP-004. A few months ago was fighting fuel issues. Rebuilt IP, ran fine when picked up, Back at the shop it will run for less than 1 minute and the 7.5 breaker trips. Reset and restart with same results. Any Ideas, bad breaker or time to call electrician?

Ray70

This is the DC breaker you're talking about I assume?
My suggestion is to 1 by 1 remove DC powered items until you find the issue.
When first attempting to start, I assume you are able to fill the day tank with the electric fuel pump with no issue? if so, that probably eliminates the fuel pump and solenoid.
next thing I would suggest is the IP solenoid. Disconnect the power feed wire and power it directly from the battery using a jumper wire and a 5A fuse.
See if the breaker still pops or if the fuse pops.
If neither pops I would try a 7.5A fuse in place of the breaker to verify the breaker is ok.

Guyfang

Staff member
Start with disconnecting the:
1. Battery charging alternator.
2. Both electric fuel pumps. The set should run for 15 min, on just the day tank.
3. The IP, like Ray wrote above.
4. The fault indicator. It should pop its own fuse, if something is bad. Unless its over fused, or has tin foil wrapped around it.
5. Look at CB1. That's the 7.5 amp circuit breaker. Look at the wires going to it. Are they showing signs of being hot? Look at where the CB1 wires go through the relay table. VERY often, the plastic ring that is supposed to protect the wires going through this hole, is gone. Some times the wires get worn through. Sometimes they make contact after a while because of vibrations.
6. Look at the doors. Yes the doors. The inside of them. Mainly its the left side rear door. The wire harnes, often is loose and the wires touch the door. The wires vibrate, and wear through. Sometimes they touch the metal door. You can see signs on the door where a wire arc's. A burn spot, if you will. Pop goes the CB1. Ask me how I know this.
7. Replace the CB1.
8. If by then you have not found the problem, start looking at every wire harness that goes near metal.

If that brings no joy, we can really start digging.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks