• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7" LED headlight mods?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
They should be the same.

Are your lights in the "lower" position, like in your avatar? Is there interference?

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Direct drop-in. No modifications needed. Loosen three slotted screws and remove headlight ring, remove existing headlights after unplugging 3 plugs for # 16, 17, 18 wires, insert LED lights and replug, replace headlight ring. Done.

vincentbsll

Well I got the LED's to work. I had to use the old halogen bulb buckets with the new light and new ring. The led complete kit wouldn't work without some modification.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
vincentbsll something tells me the standard mounting points on your friends duce had been changed or you did not have the drop in version, shown below that most of us are using. Three nuts, three wires and a ground plus adjusting and you are done.

Attachments

Squirt-Truck

Master Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Headlights went in with no issues, but, the lower brush guard had to be clearanced by 1/2" to clear the extended flat face and alignment post.
This was on an M-39 series.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks