• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Pin Trailer Wiring Connector - No Reverse Lights?

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looking at diagrams, it appears there is no reverse light provision in the standard socket connector. Is that accurate?

I have a M1088 and can't imagine there isn't a provision for reverse lights, or am I just being naive?

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That may explain things. They are there on the light duty sockets, seemed logical that they'd be on the commercial ones as well. I never looked that closely but just assumed they were there.

Third From Texas

I actually am going to wire a strobe and alarm on my M1082.

I forget which wire I was going to jump (maybe it was the center-most).

But I have multiple options given that I'm ditching all the blackout stuff.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As cheap as they are put a bullet back up camera on the trailer most of the little monitor screens have a A and B screens for 2 feeds

Bill Nutting

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wired backup lights on my flatbed trailer. I use the center pin on the 7 pin trailer cable. For lights I use two small fog lights mounted under the deck. It is helpful backing up at night. I am not aware of a connection in the military vehicle trailer connector for a backup light. I don’t have the backup lights working when I tow with my MV. Someday I my add a switch in the cab to manually turn them on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks