• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Ton USMC truck info

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am lost ball in tall weeds on this one,but gonna throw it out and see where it leads....
I've been told by several sources that the Caiman II-MTV MRAP's and the current 7 tonner MC
truck share lots of parts including wiring,guages,etc.etc.etc.
I am trying to get copies of any TM's that woould help sort out issues on MRAP chassis I am working with....any and all
help appreciated ..........Bill/popacom

sandcobra164

The Caiman shares a lot with the Medium Tactical Vehicle family of trucks that the Army uses including a lot of the wiring and the gauge panel is the exact same. The Caiman runs a C7 Cat and Allison Trans common to the MTV and I believe the axles are the same. The Marine Corps 7 ton parts are completely different.

popacom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am working with Caiman ll ,C-9 Cat,Cat trans.,independant susp.axles instead of
solids,..etc. ...etc. which was an upgrade of
Caiman I.....Bill

sandcobra164

The USMC 7 tons run a C-12. Alot of MRAP's were upgraded suspension based on the Oshkosh Tak-4 suspension which would share common differentials and planetary hubs with an MTVR. I'd need to see a picture of the gauge cluster to confirm which family of trucks it's common to. PM me for my phone number if you'd like to talk but I'm in bed by 9 pm most nights.

Respectfully,
Joseph

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks