• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

7 Truck Convoy !!!UPDATE!!!

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to Bill last night and he said that he didn't me to drive one of the trucks for him as a couple of extra guys volunteered from Michigan. I said I still had to pick up my trailer and that three of us were coming over anyway so we would stop by and see them off.

The twelve of us had breakfast at Denny's and then went to where the trucks were parked down the street. They got them all pre-flighted and lined up and running.

I told Bill that I would post the pics as soon as I got back to Dayton. He will have more I'm sure because from what I hear they took a bunch.

The only thing better than seeing this group of trucks coming down the road towards Michigan Ave in Indianapolis was hearing them.

It was just awesome.

Great bunch of guys and they hit the road about 10:10 this AM for about an 8 hour trip.

Here are the pics.

steve

Attachments

TedG

Mike,

The M105 is full of tools/equipment from MI that Bill towed down with the van. The van hauled the drivers. I wish I could have gone...

Regards,

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I can answer that. Because Bill loaded everything he could think of into the trailer and they all had to ride in the van down to Indy FROM Michigan.

9 guys road down yesterday and recovered the trucks from Stout Field, spent the rest of the day working on them and spent the night in Indy.

Then they got up and headed the convoy north.

I'll let Bill post the rest of his stuff but I said I would get my pics posted while they are on the road.

citizensoldier

Holy cow !! Bill has his own army now! I wish I could have gone but work gets in the way sometimes. I see Maxim driving one of them. He was stoked to go help.. That is just cool ! I hope they all stayed cool and made it home safe and sound..

maxim

Not to steal too much thunder so I will let the story be told by Bill. We arrived in Michigan at 2015 hrs all safe and sound. it was a long trip but there were no major issues or incidents. I was last in line with the van taking up the rear. For the most part people on the road were repsectful and one semi truck driver even blocked the road while we entered a busy intersection se we could depart together. They ran and all made the trip under thier own power. These were guys I had not met before but a great bunch. There are picts buried in Bill's PC so he will post when he gets to them. I still had to drive another 3 hrs after leaving the Thumb at 2130 so I'm in a bit of a haze.

odjeeper

Really tried to arrange my schedule to join this project, sure looks like a great experience. Hope to hear some good tales at the Color Tour.

hippiedude

Imagine what the nabors thought when the army pulled into hie driveway ...Hehe...... Love the pics.......Looks like there was plenty of fun to...I would like to know how the van made out with a full 105 trailer and 9 dudes... :shock: ....... Tim

wsucougarx

Wow, what a glorious sight that must have been to have seen those trucks rumbling down the road. I'm sure it put a scare in some of the civilian populations. At least those who thought that the Russians had invaded our state of Georgia. Any video?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks