• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700 mile drive

shadowdd

It is a little delayed but two months ago we drove out from College Station TX to Fort Bliss in El Paso TX to pick up our new truck. My wife bought a M923A2 for my anniversary present!! Checked all the fluids and did a quick service on all the service points and then hit the road, over 700 miles later we pulled up in the driveway! Drove straight through both ways which made it a long rough trip but well worth it!

Artisan

Try 1500! In 7 degree weather. :) Pulling up the driveway
at home the first time and that drive home is fun stuff you
will remember forever for sure.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Amateurs (LOL). Try 2200 miles in 3 days one way to Aberdeen. Two round trips to Sussex at 900 miles each way. A minimum of twelve round trips to Aberdeen at 700 miles each way. Two trips to Gilbert at 800 miles each way. Two round trips to GA Rally from long range at 1700 miles each way. Only one Gilbert and one GA Rally was done in a CUCV, the rest were in a deuce. Other than stating two trips to the Stockton Delta Show in my CUCV at 1100 miles each way, I have more trips in it than I can count. While my truck was still in the service, it made it from WV to WI and WV to GA as two big ones I remember.

m715mike

It is a little delayed but two months ago we drove out from College Station TX to Fort Bliss in El Paso TX to pick up our new truck. My wife bought a M923A2 for my anniversary present!! Checked all the fluids and did a quick service on all the service points and then hit the road, over 700 miles later we pulled up in the driveway! Drove straight through both ways which made it a long rough trip but well worth it!
That is awesome!! You got a new truck and an adventure that you will remember for a lifetime. How is your wife going to top that on your next anniversary? :D

Amateurs (LOL). Try 2200 miles in 3 days one way to Aberdeen. Two round trips to Sussex at 900 miles each way. A minimum of twelve round trips to Aberdeen at 700 miles each way. Two trips to Gilbert at 800 miles each way. Two round trips to GA Rally from long range at 1700 miles each way. Only one Gilbert and one GA Rally was done in a CUCV, the rest were in a deuce. Other than stating two trips to the Stockton Delta Show in my CUCV at 1100 miles each way, I have more trips in it than I can count. While my truck was still in the service, it made it from WV to WI and WV to GA as two big ones I remember.

Really CARNAC, is that all? I'm gearing-up for a super long trip (5 miles round trip to get ice-cream)...
:beer:

Trailboss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That first trip in your first MV is hard to beat, no matter how long it is. You probably were so excited you didn't notice your butt was numb. Gotta ditto sounds like a great wife!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks