• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r t.v. bracket

southdave

I have some I just ent picked the up at a junkyard for 5 bucks, summit or jeg sell the as a kit or indiv. FYI think it somthing like 65 bucks for bracket cable and somthing else. give me shout if you want to semd me a bill for one but I try the junkyard that where I found them. lol

mtjbrown

is there any reason the universal ones that everybody sells wouldn't work? I am contemplating this change so I would like to know as well.

Mark

hobie237

My understanding is that the generic/universal ones are designed for gas (carb or EFI) applications, and the diesel-specific ones are, well, diesel-specific. Not sure what the differences are, and I'm often wrong.

eric_banks32

The universal ones wont work because there is no where to hook it up on the injector pump. There is a very specific amount of travel and radius that it must travel. If someone has one for a RESONABLE price let me know. Otherwise if it becomes to hard to find i'll make my own. It'd be a real pain though. I've checked the local junk yards and no luck. And FYI most of the universal ones that holley and some of the other companies make aren't quite right. It cost me a tranny in my V8 s10. I ended up buying a "TV made EZ" kit from Bowtie overdrive. Thanks for the input guys.

eric_banks32

The cables do have an adjustment. The adjustment is used to put the proper amount of preload on the spring in the valve body. It also ensures that at WOT the valve is all the way open.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks