• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700R4 Driveshafts

A quick Q.
Do the CUCV driveshafts work well with the longer 700R4 transmission?
Reason I ask, My "new" transmission was going down the road, then it wasn't. No idea what went out. Ordered a new Mad Dog Level 3 transmission as this has already been a 2 week ordeal.

cliffyp

I pulled an adapter out of a Blazer with a 700r4/208 from the junkyard. I didn't measure it, but I would say the adapters are roughly the same width. I would think that if the adapter were much thicker, then the output shaft from the 700r4 would need to be longer to cover that distance or it wouldn't seat into the transfer case very far. I think the only variation in my drive line length is the length of the 700r4 case, which is negligible.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I've read, the proper adapter for the NP208 transfer to bolt to the 700r4 is shorter than the one behind the stock TH400. So, with the longer transmission and shorter adapter, you should be just fine. I cannot speak for the NP205 transfer though.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks