• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

700r4 in an m1008

David amir

I know this has been covered piece meal in many threads but......okay my question is i have the opportunity to get a 700r4 and transfer case out of a factory 3/4 ton 4x4 6.2 diesel.its still in the truck.i need a list of literally every part i should pull from the donor.torque converter,flex plate,etc.any and every part.thanks very much for any help

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Trans and transfer case. Converter, flexplate and dustshield. TV cable and most importantly, the TV cable bracket and rod. It bolts to the back of the left head and attaches to the IP. May as well grab the gear indicator from the dash, not necessary but handy and makes for a complete install.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If its a parts truck, you might consider snipping the the plug off the harness. Doubt you will need it with all the converter lockup options but better to have and not need. If you have never removed the TV bracket, here is the trick. Unbolt it from the head then feed it forward. There is a wide spot in the back of the linkage slot to pop it off the IP stud. If it has the tall adapter, you won't need the crossmember. If it has the short one, grab the crossmember. It will save having to make a spacer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks